Pay to unlock full game?

Pay to unlock full game?

Postby hsjj3 » 01 Jul 2012 15:28

Hi MadFinger. I think a lot of fans are disappointed with your devious scheme of nickel & diming your fans of their money. Just take a look at the itunes page for Dead Trigger. The 3 top reviews are all 1 star and condemn the in-app purchases.

At least give us the option to buy the game in full to unlock everything. You can keep the 0.99 and 2.99 IAP options, but at least have one around 4.99 to unlock every single thing. Is that too much to ask?

Everyone wins with this. I am sure lots of people will support this idea. Don't let your reputation as one of the premier mobile game developers go down the drain. Don't let greed overtake your passion for gaming.

If you're a true gamer, you understand what I'm saying here. Please think through this proposal.

And oh yeah, the same location over and over again? Really?
hsjj3
PAWN
PAWN

Re: Pay to unlock full game?

Postby sickgamer » 01 Jul 2012 16:01

I think the game is so cheap and in game purchases are so cheap how could you complain about that,i rate this game 5 stars all day long.have you played brother in arms they are looking for up to 10 to 80 euro's for weapons and gear,you don't have to purchase weapons and gear in dead trigger to clear the game just upgrade what you got with game currency,anyone who who rated the game 2 or 3 stars and said it's a rip off paying for in game content have no money or they are cheap,just buy a itunes gift card for 15euro's that will do you for lots of other games also
MADFINGERFAN
sickgamer
FLEDGELING
FLEDGELING

Postby lukesterh » 03 Jul 2012 19:18

I dont see the problem, i spent around £4 all together on the game and would of paid more than £4, I like this system.
lukesterh
FLEDGELING
FLEDGELING

Postby cynic » 04 Jul 2012 08:48

hsjj3 wrote:Hi MadFinger. I think a lot of fans are disappointed with your devious scheme of nickel & diming your fans of their money. Just take a look at the itunes page for Dead Trigger. The 3 top reviews are all 1 star and condemn the in-app purchases.

At least give us the option to buy the game in full to unlock everything. You can keep the 0.99 and 2.99 IAP options, but at least have one around 4.99 to unlock every single thing. Is that too much to ask?

Everyone wins with this. I am sure lots of people will support this idea. Don't let your reputation as one of the premier mobile game developers go down the drain. Don't let greed overtake your passion for gaming.

If you're a true gamer, you understand what I'm saying here. Please think through this proposal.

And oh yeah, the same location over and over again? Really?

I agree, we dont need another Glu.
I hate ingame buying and will never do that even if the game is as looking as great as this.

every day i buy a bread in the store, today they offerd me a bag for the same price, when i want it filled i need to pay ).50 cent for every slice i want.
would you buy it?
cynic
OFFICER
OFFICER

Postby R A Z O » 04 Jul 2012 15:10

In fact, I really don't understand your complaints. The game itself is 0.99, which is incredibly low cost for the content you will get.

Many of us have 10-14 hours spent in the game, without single IAP. If you don't want to buy premium items, then don't buy them. You will just have to play the game for several hours to unlock regular $ weapons and upgrades. Whats wrong with that? Almost every game is about making progress, you wont get all the best weapons from the start.

Ad game design. Its built just like that. You are shooting zombies. Its like you want to play a strategy game, and buy a sports game. We're sorry that the game isn't that complex for some player, but we wanted to make a quick zombie shooter. Mobile devices are not consoles yet, so big-budget titles with complex gameplay, developed for year(s), are something we (and lots of other mobile devs) can't afford.

For those who enjoy the Dead Trigger: we are planning lots of updates, including new weapons, gadgets, environments, gameplays... so it's not like you´ve been robbed IMO.

Thank you for reading through this.
R A Z O
SITE ADMIN

Postby hsjj3 » 04 Jul 2012 20:27

R A Z O wrote:In fact, I really don't understand your complaints. The game itself is 0.99, which is incredibly low cost for the content you will get.

Many of us have 10-14 hours spent in the game, without single IAP. If you don't want to buy premium items, then don't buy them. You will just have to play the game for several hours to unlock regular $ weapons and upgrades. Whats wrong with that? Almost every game is about making progress, you wont get all the best weapons from the start.

Ad game design. Its built just like that. You are shooting zombies. Its like you want to play a strategy game, and buy a sports game. We're sorry that the game isn't that complex for some player, but we wanted to make a quick zombie shooter. Mobile devices are not consoles yet, so big-budget titles with complex gameplay, developed for year(s), are something we (and lots of other mobile devs) can't afford.

For those who enjoy the Dead Trigger: we are planning lots of updates, including new weapons, gadgets, environments, gameplays... so it's not like you´ve been robbed IMO.

Thank you for reading through this.

Ok. I see. But now all we do is read text-stories and see still photos of other characters. Can you create missions to save people, and those people are actually in the game and you must protect them. This will be brilliant and give the game better gameplay.

Also, in some missions, get Julian to join you. Would be fun too.
hsjj3
PAWN
PAWN

Postby cynic » 05 Jul 2012 07:52

R A Z O wrote:In fact, I really don't understand your complaints. The game itself is 0.99, which is incredibly low cost for the content you will get.

Ad game design. Its built just like that. You are shooting zombies. Its li7ke you want to play a strategy game, and buy a sports game. We're sorry that the game isn't that complex for some player, but we wanted to make a quick zombie shooter. Mobile devices are not consoles yet, so big-budget titles with complex gameplay, developed for year(s), are something we (and lots of other mobile devs) can't afford.

Thank you for eading through this.

I expected a full game without ingame buying, if u mentioned it in google play people at least have a choice .read droidgamers article bout madfingers to explain you how people think about the 180 degrees turn around at madfingers
cynic
OFFICER
OFFICER

Postby IAP_kills_games » 09 Jul 2012 13:42

"In fact, I really don't understand your complaints. The game itself is 0.99, which is incredibly low cost for the content you will get. "

I don't think you are getting it. The complaints are not about the price, most of the people voicing their disgust for Madfinger would have been happy to pay $5 - $10 bucks for the complete game.

The complaints are about 2 things:

1: Your dishonesty in misrepresenting the game by not disclosing that it is a paymium game.

2: Refunds were not issued by Madfinger to players requesting them after the 15 minute window had passed once they found out that the game was in fact a Paymium game.

---------------------------

"For those who enjoy the Dead Trigger: we are planning lots of updates, including new weapons, gadgets, environments, gameplays... so it's not like you´ve been robbed IMO."

If you really feel that way, then, why wasn't any mention of the IAP scam mentioned in the game description? You MUST know that MANY of the people who fell prey to your scam, myself included, would not have made the purchase if we had known it was a paymium game.

I can tell you this, if you had made mention of it, I would not have bought the game, however, I would still take a look at future Madfinger games.

I bought this game based on Madfingers track record with Shadowgun and Samurai Vengeance. The omission of the fact that the game is not a full version, but, instead a paymium game is a betrayal.

No matter what kinds of games you make in the future I will NEVER even consider buying anything from you again.

You have lost a customer forever.

You could have charged $5 or even $10 for the game if you felt it was worth it, you didn't have to go the Paymium route.......

Over time I believe that you will see that many people feel as I do, and, while your Paymium scams WILL net you more per person, it will also pretty much guarantee you a LOT less customers.

-----------------------------

Its a free market and if you want to transform your games into Paymium garbage as was done with Dead Trigger, fine, you have a right to do that......

But intentionally omitting that from the game description was unfair, and whether you will admit it or not, you know it.

You may not accept this, but, this move WILL cost you alot of customers, both now and on all of your future games.
IAP_kills_games
FLEDGELING
FLEDGELING

Postby R A Z O » 09 Jul 2012 16:23

Lot of people says they would pay even $10 for the whole game. In fact, for those money, you can unlock most of the content, so it looks equal to me. It's even better, because you didn't had to pay 10 buck to find out you dont like the game at all. You just buy what you want, with minimal purchasing fee ($1) and that seems like a fair deal to me.
R A Z O
SITE ADMIN

Postby Santa Boy » 09 Jul 2012 20:50

I don't really care about IAP that much, but I just want a better campaign, and online multiplayer. I can't remember is I said this before, but Brothers In Arms 2 has some of the worst graphics and IAP ever. But they actually have a proper story. You could make two game modes, the one we currently have and call it original, and make another one called story, where there's actually a proper story.

Buhhh still, release an update guys.
Santa Boy
ROOKIE
ROOKIE

Next

Return to DEAD TRIGGER