Hey! Please tell us who you are and what you do at MADFINGER Games.
- Hi, my name is Jiri, and I've been working in MADFINGER Games since 2019 as an environment artist. I'm currently working on our new project, so I'm mainly creating environments (placing objects in the map in Unreal Editor and, if needed, I also create separate models (cars, props, and buildings)
And how does one even get into something like this?
- It's been my hobby since about 2007, so as time went on, I got better and started thinking about a professional career as a 3D graphic designer. Since 2009 I have started working as a freelancer for various outsource studios, mainly for Fanatic games.
How would you describe your typical day at work?
- When I come to the studio, I start with a coffee and then some synchro with colleagues about the progress of our work, what will be created that day, etc. And off I go to the 3D world!
What tools do you use most often at work?
- I mainly use the Unreal Engine at work. In addition, I use 3ds Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, or Photoshop for creating assets.
What about games? Do you play, and if so, what games do you like the most?
- Yes, quite often! I like open-world games like the GTA series, Assassin's Creed, Witcher 3, then simulators (Microsoft Flight Simulator, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport). I've just started playing Gran Turismo 7. I also like strategy games, especially Civilization.
And any other hobbies and interests?
- Watching series and movies, playing games, and hiking.