Hi there! Could you please tell us who you are and what you do at MADFINGER Games?
- Hello there! My name is Michal Nguyen, and I am the Office Manager. My job is to take care of anything and everything in regard to the office and the people in it.
How did you land a job like this? What’s your background?
- I was on my way toward a promising career in banking, but I decided that it was not worth selling my soul to the Devil. I have also worked for almost a decade in the hospitality industry. If you combine these two experiences with a love for video games, you get an Office Manager.
So what does your typical day at work look like? What are you mostly working on?
- What I love about this job is that I have no idea what I am going to do the next day. It could be something benign like cleaning the coffee machine, some administrative work, or planning company events, but it’s also possible I’ll arrive in a flooded office. I wouldn’t be surprised if I had to catch wild animals someday.
What would you say are the biggest challenges that you have to overcome? Do you have fun at work?
- The “unexpectedness” is what I love about the job, but it’s also the most difficult part of the job. Sometimes there are no good options, or there is not enough time. But every time I solve a problem, I learn something and gain more experience. In regards to fun, I work in an office with dozens of nerds. There’s not a dull moment.
And what about games? What are some of your favorite ones, both new and old?
- I really like Dino Chrome. Besides that, I’ve invested hundreds of hours in the Mass Effect Trilogy, played Vietcong on repeat in my teens, and just finished Jedi Fallen Order and loved every minute of it. I’ve also played some games here and there. For instance, I’ve tried League of Legends for almost a thousand hours but didn’t really like it.
Any other hobbies or interests outside of gaming?
- I really like Star Wars. Like a lot. Too much, maybe. Other than that, I’m interested in cinematography, politics, and social causes.
Thanks a lot for the interview!